Friday, January 06, 2017

First Of The Year: Sneak Peek at 2017 Premieres of Bump In The Hump and My Mixtape featuring ClassyVlassy

Tonight marks the 2017 return of both Bump In The Hump and My Mixtape on 96.9 FM Radio Humber. Bump In The Hump will be a special two hour episode, as we enjoy a small serving of the cornucopia of tracks released over the two week winter hiatus. There were a number of bootlegs and special tracks released because of the holidays, including tracks from both Bwana and Lunice via LuckyMe's yearly Advent calendar, a Christmas themed track from Venetian Snares, and CRaymak's bootleg of Skrillex "First Of The Year." Enjoy the reworked version below and download it via ToneDen here. Following the two hour premiere of Bump In The Hump, I'll be handing the decks over to Colin Vlasak, co-founder FUXWITHIT, aka ClassyVlassy. You'll first hear 10 minutes of our conversation, as he introduces himself, his blog, and previews his mix. I'll also be posting our full, 30+ minute conversation, entirely uncut, on Monday. But back to his mix. It features the likes of Zeds Dead, Autoerotique, Ekali, Rezz, Whipped Cream and more, as you can tell running through various genres and BPMs. It's clear Colin has his finger on the pulse, so I'm proud to kick off the 2017 My Mixtape year in his capable hands. Check out FUXWITHIT and his latest mix, "Don't Know How To Relax" to get a better idea of the kind of hype music you can expect to hear during his episode of My Mixtape. Three hours of continuous Canadian electronic music starts at 9 PM EST with Bump In The Hump, then My Mixtape at 11. Stream both via www.radio.humber.ca, follow me as I live tweet @OggieJames, find tracklists on this blog and download ClassyVlassy's mix after it airs tonight.