Monday, July 26, 2021

Catz 'n Dogz & Gerd Janson - Modern Romance (Bella Boo Remix)

Despite my best efforts, I inevitably miss a few fabulous records every Friday as I dig through countless sources to build my weekly new-music playlist, Enlightened Listening. One of said slip-through-the-cracks type tracks, Bella Boo's remix of "Modern Romance," had me immediately kicking myself. Capturing my attention with its first few fluorescent and colourful notes, this new direction is all kinds of cool. Like a trip to a candy shop for your ears, Bella Boo takes on the role of sonic confectioner glazing the Catz 'n Dogz/Gerd Janson collab with an irresistible aroma that, like a cartoon, will have you floating towards its tongue-smacking scent. While the sweetness of the new top notes is unmistakable, "Modern Romance" isn't just saccharine sapidity as Bella Boo has kept just enough of the original track's bitter, buoyant low end to counterbalance the sonic sweetness. And of course, it's all held together by the brilliant breaks that made the original so seductive, and indeed, scrumptious. Satisfy your sonic sweet tooth below, and check out the full remix package via Running Back Records' Bandcamp here.

FOLLOW BELLA BOO: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER