The joke, that is the Grammys, continues to flounder and beg the question what are the criteria for these awards? Apparently, the rules call for voting based on quality alone, and not be influenced by sales, chart performance, personal friendships, regional preferences or company loyalty. Quality alone. Hmm, that's not very clear, what kind of quality? Whatever quality they are talking about, they have spoken with their latest list of nominees. There are the usual suspects and there are the usual seemingly random unknown nominees (see Al Walser's 2013 nomination). Below you'll find my take on the four categories relevant to this blog; Best Dance Recording, Best Dance/Electronic Album, Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical), and Best Producer (Non-Classical).
Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical)
- Daniel Hope - Berlin By Overnight (CFCF Remix) [only stream I can find is through iTunes]
- JES, Shant & Clint Maximus - Hold On (Fatum Remix)
- Galantis - Runaway (U&I) [Kaskade Remix]
- Odesza feat. Zyra - Say My Name (RAC Remix)
- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (Dave Aude Remix)
Best Dance/Electronic Album
- Caribou - Our Love
- The Chemical Brothers - Born In The Echoes
- Disclosure - Caracal
- Jamie XX - In Colour
- Skrillex and Diplo - Skrillex and Diplo Present: Jack U
- Jeff Bhasker
- Dave Cobb
- Larry Klein
- Blake Mills
Best Dance Recording
- Above & Beyond feat. Zoe Johnston - "We're All We Need"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Go"
- Flying Lotus feat. Kendrick Lamar - "Never Catch Me"
- Galantis - "Runaway (U&I)"
- Skrillex and Diplo with Justin Bieber - "Where Are U Now"