Thursday, January 28, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Renaissance Man - Stalker Humanoid

For this installment of my Throwback Thursday series, it gives me great pleasure to reintroduce the world to one of the most subtle, spine-tingling, ethereal, finely crafted, percussion driven, pulsating and truly unique productions I've ever encountered, Renaissance Man's "Stalker Humanoid."
I first came across Stalker Humanoid while listening to My Name Is Tiga way back in 2011. In fact that very episode (which you can listen to here, Stalker Humanoid starts approx 22 minutes in) remains one of my most played mixes ever; it's chalk full of world exclusives and Tiga's trademark wit. I was immediately taken when I heard Tiga say Renaissance Man and "world exclusive, " but even more so when I heard the unearthly brilliance of Stalker Humanoid's atmosphere. So fastidiously designed, Stalker Humanoid truly radiates with production prowess, injecting the unease and jitter-ridden anxiety synonymous with a stalker. But of course it is the various percussion elements that Renaissance Man has so painstakingly produced that invoke such distressed heart palpitations.

This however wasn't my first Renaissance Man rodeo, my friends and I were already familiar with their tracks "Brainstorm" and "Mindmap" as well as their tremendously rapturous tracks "Babbadabba" and "Fruit Loop." I highly recommend checking those tracks out, as well as their Kama, Early Man and Call2Call EPs. Unfortunately there hasn't been much action from the duo lately, but we can always hope that Renaissance Man have their very own renaissance.

SUPPORT: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER