Sunday, October 02, 2016

Rodrigo Amarante - Tuyo (KarlK Rework)

In the past few days I've seen an onslaught of remixes of the Narcos theme song, "Tuyo" by Rodrigo Amarante. And while I'm not sure it makes the most sense to get remixed, French producer, KarlK has found the fine line that maintains much of the original integrity, while adding a little extra groove and oomph with his deep house remix. While I've never watched Stranger Things, there's been much ado about it's theme and the numerous remixes it's received, particularly from What So Not (live video of his remix), and while I'm still on the fence about it's quality, I do not question KarlK's mix. I'm not sure there's any other way to remix "Tuyo." It certainly does not seem to make sense to dub or trap it out; this version feels fresh, as though all of Pablo Escobar's exploits came in the 2010s. KarlK's remix of "Tuyo" can be yours now for free, via The Artist Union, here.

FOLLOW KARLK: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER