Friday, October 04, 2019

Enlightened Listening for October 4

Three weeks ago I thought I was on the precipice of returning to regular blogging and a new season of Bump In The Hump. However that weekend I spilled on my laptop, and while I'm writing to you from said computer, it is no longer on my lap as I am forced use an external keyboard and mouse while I continue to wait for the replacement part to arrive. That said mountains of music continue to be released, and while I spent most of my week wading through the weeks I missed, I've decided to focus on this Friday's releases via a new edition of Enlightened Listening. Listen below and find a brief blow by blow in the next paragraph.

As always, I like to open with cool cuts and that's what we get with the latest from Goldroom. His dreamy delight leads us into funky fun and eventually acid in Justin Jay's Future Feels EP. Following  that comes a killer four track EP from Oliver Koletzki who offers up awesome, expansive grooves rife with wild sound and a plenitude of percussion. The legendary Eric Prydz then follows with his epic 13-track PRYDA 15 VOL III album, which is of course killer quality, through and through. Turning towards bass house, there's four banging EPs back to back from trusted names like Jack Beats, NuKid, Destructo and CONFESSION. Closing out that ridiculous run is a track BLANSH had sent me in January, and while I've always been a fan of his work, I can honestly say "Way Up" is my favourite. And speaking of favourites, Gesaffelstein is back again and much closer to my favourite Gesaffelstein in the diabolically dark, shiver inducing power punch that we got from 2010-2013. Following the incredible power of NOVO SONIC SYSTEM comes Datassette's Kestrel Manoeuvers In The Dark, a brilliant mind-bending display of synth work. Finally we close with a 15-track deadmau5 remix package featuring the likes of Morgan Page, Pig&Dan, Spencer Brown and a whole host more. Enjoy!

Goldroom - Just Like A Dream (ft. Nikki Segal)

Justin Jay - Future Feels

Oliver Koletzski - We Are All Lost

Pryda - PRYDA 15 VOL III

Jack Beats -  Catch The Spirit

Hooders & Jay Dunham - Shady Business

NuKid - Aftermath

Destructo - Bassface (Remixes)

BLANSH x Schade - Way Up

Gesaffelstein - NOVO SONIC SYSTEM

Datassette - Kestrel Manoeuvers In The Dark

deadmau5 - Here's The Drop!