Friday, July 19, 2019

Enlightened Listening for July 19

Once again I'm overwhelmed by the amount of music this Friday (and the rest of the week) brought. So, just as with last week's Enlightened Listening I've got to keep it short and simply draw focus to a few of the 16 releases showcased in the playlist below. Early on there's a couple cool orchestral and orchestral-adjacent cuts, each incredibly well produced. Later on we get Baltra's brilliant and massive album Ted which I believe would play perfectly as you cruise the streets at night. Directly following that we get funky with Sparkee and Tuxedo, the former being absolutely fantastic through all four parts. "The Kids" has already become an anthem of mine this summer, and I totally foresee "Want Your Love" doing the same. After those two funk fiestas come three jaw droppers. "Heaven" is instantly one of my favourite tracks of the year, and why not, its got everything. The same goes for "No Price" which can boast Chromeo and Dr Packer on a single track. Rounding out that trio, Madeaux comes through with perhaps my favourite production of his in "I Want You." Once again he absolutely slays the sub-bass, sending shivers down my spine. After that is an unadulterated foursome of fire progressing from the power of Dillon Nathaniel through to X&G's electrifying design. All that and more below.