Thursday, March 07, 2019

dipsmith - jubilee

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, there's just something about Aussies and the disco/house they put out that satisfies my soul. After another frustrating scroll through Soundcloud today I turned to their feature "The Upload" and was greeted by Sydney-based house output pig palace and their most recent release, "jubilee" from Newcastle duo dipsmith. Seemingly just their second release as they're still just starting to make waves, they ditch the exceptionally chill vibes of "better in time" for a more upbeat offering in this new sample driven production. Laying down a strong percussion backing from the get-go, the track grows and eventually explodes with splashy brass whitecaps pulling any willing dancer to the center of the floor, and from there the get-down is on. You can feel the blood pumping through it as the track bursts to life, even offering up live crowd sounds as it reaches its conclusion.
"jubilee" is exactly the kind of jackin disco house joint I was looking for and you can have it absolutely free via dipsmith's brand new Bandcamp here.

FOLLOW DIPSMITH: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER