Monday, March 11, 2019

Mija & JR Slayer - Stay A Little Longer

Always adventurous with her productions, Mija has once again paved a path of her own with self-released single "Stay A Little Longer." Combining forces with JR Slayer, the track is a spine-tingling blend of indie unease and electronic irksomeness. Distorted and dark, struggle is at the centre of this story, both sonically as her voice is at times blurred by the almost egregious electronic elements, and thematically as the lyrics point to an inner conflict. Personally I'm drawn to "Stay A Little Longer" as it strikes the same chord as much of Blonde Redhead's discography, a band I gorged myself on throughout my university existence. It is as though it were made just for me, knowing my love for both Blonde Redhead and the infinite options inherent in electronic music. As noted above, "Stay A Little Longer" is self-released and available absolutely free via Mija's Bandcamp here.FOLLOW MIJA: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW JR SLAYER: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER