Tuesday, May 15, 2018

S3A B2B Folamour At Radio Meuh Circus Festival (03.30.18)

Unless this is your first time on this blog you'll be aware of my now seemingly undying passion for disco. I've always been a house head more than any other electronic genre, but disco has taken up such a massive section of my listening habits. And even though I endlessly stuff my face with disco, I still hunger for it incredibly. A couple weeks back when wrote about A-Trak's mix for The Do-Over (here), I came across Folamour and "The Power And The Blessing Of Unity." I then scrolled through his soundcloud only to find his edit of France Gall "Ella Elle L'a," a track I'd just recently heard remixed a month prior. It took no time at all for me to fall for the funky percussion, I then found myself on the floor once the horns came in during the chorus. This has since become my go to song wherever or whenever I need a pick me up. Completing the circle I found out that Folamour was inspired to make that edit after hearing S3A (Sampling As An Art) also take on France Gall with "J'ai Besoin d'Amour." So now you can understand why this live B2B set caught my attention.

Recorded at the Radio Meuh Circus Festival at the end of March, the hour long mix features S3A's aforementioned edit, his recently released "Something More," Mike Simonetti's "Midnight Or Late Afternoon" (an edit of "I'm Your Boogie Man"), Groove Motion's "Try It" and Mother's "All Funked Up." There are endless amounts of horns and keys arranged into godly grooves, that will no doubt get you going. And what could be better? Stream, follow S3A and Folamour below, and dance, dance dance!FOLLOW S3A: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW FOLAMOUR: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER