Friday, May 04, 2018

Salsoul Orchestra - Getaway (Dr. Funkenstein Instrumental Dub)

Fridays are always crazy busy, and today was no exception; I had a ton of things to attend to and found myself unable to properly dive into my usual discovery avenues until nearly 5 PM. That said this track jumped out at me immediately, as I'd just been relistening to Horse Meat Disco's Essential Mix recently, in which they included "Salsoul Rainbow." Along with 1976's "Nice 'n' Naasty," "Getaway" topped out at #3 on the US Dance Charts as their highest successes, and it's no wonder why with such a funky swing, through strings, horns and drums. Dr. Funkenstein of DJ Pied Piper and Funkingham fame, has since remixed it ushering in an extended disco delight. Nearly twice as long as any other version and just as grand and groovy as ever, this is sure to satisfy even the staunchest of Salsoul purists. Enjoy!