Thursday, February 08, 2018

warner case - upsidown

Perhaps you recall late September of last year when I came across a beautiful, bright and bouncy track from jay xero, "doyouwannabemine?" In case you don't, listen and read here. Today the artist behind that brilliance has changed his name, while offering up another equally alluring track in "upsidown." It treats us to a more truthful and telling lyrical representation, in stark opposition to the cheeky yet clever preceding single. And this is likely no coincidence as the press release states the new name, warner case, marks a more authentic turn; explaining "it feels right...it's in my family...it's in my blood." Certainly the house grooves lay at the heart of his productions and seem not just innate, but also utterly infectious. Just like I said about "doyouwannabemine?," I'm warmed to the comparison of The 2 Bears, and see this as a time when these kind of delightful, deep, dancey tracks are as in demand as ever. Not only does "upsidown" deliver vocals that invite inclusion, but musically it offers a bed built for bouncing. The shuffling drums, bent bass synths, and smooth swinging progression all play perfectly together. Again, I'm awestruck with warner's output and will certainly turn to this track when I need a pick me up. Pick it up for yourself via iTunes here.

FOLLOW WARNER CASE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER