Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Bump In The Hump Sneak Peek: Grand Analog - Let Disco (Muneshine Remix)

On this week's episode of Bump In The Hump, I'm proud to have the first play of a true Toronto collaboration, Muneshine's remix of Grand Analog's infectious and brilliantly written, "Let Disco." Incredibly fitting lyrics start "I'm moving up, I'm moving on." They are fitting as this will be the last episode of the third season. But fear not, I'll continue bring you the best new Canadian electronic music for the foreseeable future. In fact, I've got a number of special treats lined up for the coming weeks, and the fourth season of Bump In The Hump. Listen live Wednesday from 6-7 EST, here.
It's time to Let Disco, and let go of the winter/spring season of Bump In The Hump and move on to a whole new adventure, of summer, festivals and long days leading into long nights. Part of the beauty of this track is freedom and joy it inspires not just through the vocals but Muneshine's rolling, uplifting chords, that play just as perfectly first thing in the morning, as it would when the sun sets, and the masks of midnight debauchery hide our faces. As much as I enjoy the atmosphere inside the club, I often enjoy the quiet walk through the empty streets just as much, if not more. There's something about the cool air, and soothing quite melody of the deserted streets, that just hours before were jam packed, that strikes me as incredibly liberating. I simply cannot wait to step out of the club, sans jacket, and go where ever the night takes me. It sure seems as though Muneshine and Grand Analog are on the same page as me. While I don't dance in the streets like that, it is the euphoric release that the masked dancer shows in their video below; perfectly depicting the ethos of "Let Disco."

SUPPORT GRAND ANALOG: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
SUPPORT MUNESHINE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER