Monday, June 07, 2021

DOS - Falling (Baltra Remix)

It's been about two months since I took a break from daily blogging, but I'm going to try to return to that routine today. Part of the reason for my pause was the struggle to 1) find a piece that inspired me to write, and more crucially 2) how I'd frame that article, both of which became increasingly difficult as the pandemic raged on. Without making this a treatise on blogging/music consumption/the music industry, I'll simply say that with summer and shows/festivals seemingly coming back in full force, I feel more comfortable in framing these daily blurbs as a diversion, a quick-hitting showcase of something that might make your day better. If these posts can do that, or, even better, get you on a new artist or genre, then I'm happy. Anyway, on with the post, which I'll now aim to keep even shorter and sweeter...

NYC's Baltra, a name I'll press play on whenever I see arise, has a new remix of Austrian DOS. "Falling," originally an expansive and dreamy joint with crisp drums and a hazy vocal sprinkle, gets turned on its head here. Where the independently released original lives up to its title, this brilliant new Baltra remix bounces buoyant, almost evaporating in its ethereal, euphoric rise. No longer is the track toppling or tumbling if it is even descending at all. It is "Falling" with a new style and grace, decidedly more direct and forceful than before. Especially evident in its beefy bottom end, Baltra's remix is ready for dancefloors, official or otherwise. Listen now below and get "Falling" via Bandcamp here.

FOLLOW BALTRA: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW DOS: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER