Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Deichkind - Autonom (Dixon Edit)

Friday saw the release of the highly anticipated CircoLoco Records debut EP, Monday Dreamin' Blue. Featuring five new productions, including Seth Troxler's celebrated "Lumartes," the EP indeed lives up to its bemusing title. While I already featured Rampa's heavenly "The Church" in the most recent edition of Enlightened Listening, I'm turning my attention now to Dixon's divine edit of Deichkind "Autonom."

Waking up to a rainy day with a ton of work on my plate, I found myself on edge before I could even get out of bed. Struggling to find any satisfaction or comfort from the majority of new music I played as I drank my coffee, I soon turned my attention to Dixon's "Autonom" edit." I knew I'd enjoyed it Friday, but when its cool ease washed over me this morning, I finally began to find peace. There are no big drops or head-spinning switch-ups here, but rather a resplendent rollout that simultaneously swaddles you in its sublime soundscape while relieving tension through its gentle massaging touch. In fact, it is that very cool comfort at the core of "Autonom" that led me to overlook it Friday, but I guess that just further illustrates the importance of mood (and time and place) when consuming music. Not everything is for everyone at every moment, but this is for me, right now. Maybe it is for you too. Find out now below.

FOLLOW DIXON: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW DEICHKIND: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER