Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Four Unreleased Tracks I'm Still Waiting For...

As the summer has come and gone, four tracks have found themselves still at the front of my mind as I wait for their eventual release. In early July we got a taste of the power pairing of Tiga and Hudson Mohawke by way of their Hardcore Romance hit "Love Minus Zero." Along with that a mix for Annie Mac, which featured a few more of their collaborations "Time To Time" and "Tear Down The Walls." The former also appeared in Martyn Bootyspoon's mix for Crack Magazine, and I must say I can neither get enough of the track itself nor its placement in the mix. Find it below starting just before the hour twenty-nine mark and be sure to stick around as the subsequent synth-led tracks are equally sublime.

Now the second such Hardcore Romance track I'm waiting on, and continuously coming back to, "Tear Down The Walls" is only available as part of the aforementioned mix for Annie Mac. Find it as the last track in the mix, starting shortly after the 28 minute mark. Changing gears now, we turn to DnB by way of Platinum Breaks and EDEN. I first heard "Everything" as MistaJam filled in for Annie Mac. He's played the track, that has been kicking around for over a year now, a few times, but most recently August 28th below (approximately 54:45 in). You can also check out a rip of the Bladerunner remix on Olly Kelly's Soundcloud account here.Finally we turn to The Magician and his Magic Tape mix series. His most recent edition features a true ID as neither the artist nor the track name are yet known. Starting at about 17:40 below, there is some kind of gorgeous funky joint that as soon I heard I knew I needed in my life. Sadly, like those tracks above, I'm resigned to returning to this mix until Shazam can work its magic or Zinderlong updates the 1001tracklists page here.

UPDATE: The track has been released on The Magician's Potion Records. It's Soda State - Midnight.