Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Bump In The Hump Sneak Peek: Rhye - Song For You (Jacques Greene Remix)

Not many artists are as sure fire inclusions for Bump In The Hump as Jacques Greene. He's been one of my favourite producers ever since I first heard Annie Mac play "What U R" many years ago. A deep dive into his catalog will open your ears to a treasure trove of transcendent tunes. It would be nearly impossible to make a list of five favourites as you'd inevitably leave one out. This rings true with his latest, a remix of Rhye's "Song For You." Of course cast in Greene's inimitable style, it is elegant and epic, tender and tenacious. Last week he tweeted "love when I get vocals stems like this" and it's clear he's put Rhye to good use, again with his unparalleled poise. Stream "Song For You" below.While this is the one track on Bump In The Hump I'll tease you with, I've got so much more goodness in store. We get the club vibes going early with a strong selection of house and future bass before turning to trap and wave. And it's only fitting that we end there, as new tunes from both Memphis and MRKRYL lead us into my interview with the latter, whose episode of My Mixtape is set to air this Saturday at 11 PM EDT. Join me live tonight for Bump In The Hump from 7-9 on Radio Humber or after on Mixcloud.

FOLLOW JACQUES GREENE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER