Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Ah Bruk (Capitol A Re-Do)

Sometimes you come across a track and artist you know almost nothing about and sometimes you've just got to write about it anyway. Who Capitol A is, where he's from, and even how his name is properly spelled, is a mystery to me. However I can tell you that he's taken on Stevie Wonder classic "My Cherie Amour" giving it new afro flavour. The fifty year old soul single now features funky synth squelches, deep grooves and plenty of propulsive percussion. It may not be quite as divine or sensually smooth as the original, but what it lacks in organic ease it makes up for in stimulating electronics. An arousing re-do, Capitol A has worked wonders around Stevie and I for one am here for this jam session.FOLLOW CAPITOL A: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER