Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Cam'ron - Big Deal

Killa Cam is gearing up for both the release of Purple Haze 2, 15 years after its namesake, and a busy 2020 in which he'll be touring said followup album. In recent weeks his name has been popping up everywhere, first appearing to me via the shocking announcement that he's set to play the intimate confines of Velvet Underground February 28th (see here). In the last few days he's released a trio of tracks, each from the forthcoming album which is set to drop next Friday, December 20th.

Below, the latest and my favourite of the new cuts, "Big Deal" brings some sensational production from The Heatmakerz atop which Cam captivates with his typically strong storytelling and wicked wordplay. While I'll readily admit I've always been slow to rap and hip hop in my life, I'll never grow tired of Cam'ron's presence and his ability to be both powerful and playful at the same time. Listen below, check out his Youtube for each of the three new tracks and follow his socials at the bottom.
FOLLOW CAM'RON: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER