Thursday, November 14, 2019

DUX & Raquel Rodriguez - Leave Me Behind

Last summer I found myself at a loss for words as I admired not just the slick quality of DUX and Stan Taylor's "Lady Of The Night," but also their live performance of it while seated in a moving van (see here)! This month DUX is back at it; doubling down on the performance by adding a second van. Below you'll see three vocalists, six musicians, a sound engineer and a drone pilot, all working in unison to record a live version of the newly released DUX and Raquel Rodriguez collab "Leave Me Behind."
Much like last year, I first came across the audio stream and immediately fell in love with the fantastically funky and soulful number. DUX's musical bed is sublime and uplifting, glistening with an incredible glow and groove. It's got the perfect mixture of synths and all sorts of little gems like the guitar, drum fills, solos and even effects like the telephone tone. Then there's Raquel's ridiculously powerful yet careful and truly tactful delivery which is downright awesome. In fact it sends shivers down my spine, reminding me of perhaps my favourite singer Jessie Ware. All of this magic is multiplied in the live video, which further showcases the incredible interplay and cohesion - the alchemy that makes music so alluring. But I think I've gushed enough, so just enjoy "Leave Me Behind" at your leisure...
FOLLOW DUX: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW RAQUEL RODRIGUEZ: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER