Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Jungle - Lucky I Got What I Want (Avoure Remix)

Ukrainian producer Avoure got his week started right by taking us back to 2014 with his remix of London-based musical collective Jungle and their funky soul track "Lucky I Got What I Want." Like his jump-started arrival on the scene, a collab with Lane 8 entitled "Let Me," this remix also gets whipped up in a hurry. Delivering an upbeat, indie pop, deep house mixture, Avoure has imbued this track with a delightful dance energy. The drums drive the track forward while both the strings and synths dazzle. However, those awesome elements aside, I feel like the catchiness of the cool vocals and Avoure's intelligently crafted, almost crackling, atmosphere are what make "Lucky I Got What I Want" such a stunning success. It strikes me as a mix between Tiga's remix of Friendly Fires "Blue Cassette" (not just because of the accompanying artwork) and some of Alex Metric's more recent work with Anjunadeep (albeit with more frenzied movement). As a cherry on top, Avoure has offered up the extended remix for free via Google Drive. Get it here and follow the Ukrainian upstart's social media accounts below.FOLLOW AVOURE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER