Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Bump In The Hump Sneak Peek: $kullkid - Hanakotoba 花言葉

Even after nearly four years of focusing on the latest and greatest our Canadian producers have to offer, somehow I still manage to stumble across artists I'd never heard before. This happened once again last week as Soundcloud's "Related Tracks" algorithm sent me to $kullkid's "Hanakotoba 花言葉." Often times said algorithm has me immediately pressing pause or skipping tracks, but this time $kullkid's killer melodic creation had me hooked. It was like hearing early Skrillex for the first time; I was wowed by both the mysterious mixture of strings and vocals, as well as the trippy dub bass chops. I knew I had to have this track, but even better once I clicked through to $kullkid's profile page, I learned that he was from Montreal and therefore would be a fit on Bump In The Hump. Check it below!
Joining "Hanakotoba 花言葉" on tonight's episode, is a mean mix of acid, bass, and tech house tunes, alongside a more placid, yet playful section of synth pop. Of course there's also a feast of fire with club cuts, manic midtempo, dirty dubstep, turnt trap and even some sick psy-trance! Don't miss the madness live from 7-9 PM EDT on Radio Humber, but if you do, find the recording on Mixcloud here.

FOLLOW $KULLKID: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER