Sunday, January 28, 2018

Extended List of Grammy Predictions

Just for fun I'm making an extended list of Grammy predictions/bets, to go with those I already did for the categories relevant to this blog (read here). In order to save time I'm only going to list the category and who I believe will win, and in some cases who I think should win. I will be skipping the categories I know nothing about or have no taste for. There's dozens of places to find the full list of nominees and eventual winners, and while nothing beats the official source I'm not a fan of their website and generally choose to use Wikipedia here. I'll be live tweeting here as I watch both the pre-ceremony telecast (streamed via www.grammy.com) and CBS broadcast late via PVR.


Note: If I don't list a "who should win" that does not mean I think it's the same as "who will win."

GENERAL
Record Of The Year
Who will win: Bruno Mars 
Who should win: Childish Gambino X

Album Of The Year
Who will win: Bruno Mars 
Who should win: Jay-Z X

Song Of The Year
Who will win: Despacito - Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber X

Best New Artist
Who will win: Alessia Cara 
Who should win: Alessia Cara 

POP
Best Pop Performance
Who will win: Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran 

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Who will win: Something Just Like This - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay X
Who should win: Feel It Still - Portugal. The Man 

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
Who will win: Bob Dylan X

Best Pop Vocal Album
Who will win: Lady Gaga X

ROCK
Best Rock Song
Who will win: Run - Foo Fighters 
Who should win: Atlas, Rise! - Metallica X

ALTERNATIVE
Best Alternative Music Album
Who will win: Father John Misty X
Who should win: LCD Soundsystem X

R&B
Best Traditional R&B Performance
Who will win: Redbone - Childish Gambino 

Best R&B Song
Who will win: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars 
Who should win: Redbone - Childish Gambino X

Best Urban Contemporary Album
Who will win: Khalid X
Who should win: Childish Gambino X

Best R&B Album
Who will win: Bruno Mars 

RAP
Best Rap Performance
Who will win: Bad & Boujee - Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert X
Who should win: Humble - Kendrick Lamar 

Best Rap/Sung Performance
Who will win: Jay-Z ft. Beyonce X
Who should win: GoldLink ft. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy X

Best Rap Song
Who will win: Bodak Yellow - Cardi B X
Who should win: Humble - Kendrick Lamar 

Best Rap Album
Who will win: Jay-Z X
Who should win: Tyler, the Creator X

SPOKEN WORD
Best Spoken Word Album
Who will win: Carrie Fisher 

COMEDY
Best Comedy Album
Who will win: Dave Chappelle 
Who should win: Sarah Silverman X

PRODUCER
Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
Who will win: The Stereotypes X
Who should win: No I.D. X

MUSIC VIDEO/FILM
Best Music Video
Who will win: Jay-Z X
Who should win: Kendrick Lamar