Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Bump In The Hump Sneak Peek: Five Artist Debuts

Part of the countless closures due to COVID-19, Humber is currently shuttered, however the music does not stop, nor do Bump In The Hump or I. There is indeed a new episode in its regular 7-9 PM EDT timeslot, I just won't be live doing it. Because of this I scaled back my commentary, but unfortunately that also means I was unable to give the five artists making their Radio Humber debuts their due. So I'll do so now, with the tracks I'm playing from each in the playlist below.

First a cut from Toronto-based producer Iris Santo's sensational Creator EP which plays with an interstellar enormity. Second, also Toronto-based, by way of Moscow, Soft Matter's first ever original, the twitchy techno track "Muscle Performance." In the middle, a name that Toronto club-goers ought to recognize from the Night Shift series, Mìlu comes through with a machete, killing us with jungle cut "Chandra Dhas." Leaving the 6ix in favour of the west coast, our fourth debut of the night comes from Squamish's dynamic DJ, producer and curator, The Librarian who, like Iris Santo above, offers up galactic genius in "Moon Illusion." Finally a funky fun track closes the night as Montreal duo Chaps & Lemür launch us into a clip of my conversation with OVR/UNDR, this week's guest on My Mixtape.FOLLOW IRIS SANTO: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW SOFT MATTER: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW MÌLU: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW THE LIBRARIAN: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW CHAPS & LEMÜR: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER