Thursday, April 23, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Cashmere Cat - With Me

After feeling largely uninspired today, I played through a bunch of oldies, remembered some good times and tossed around a bunch of ideas for Throwback Thursday posts, but for the most part couldn't shake the malaise that shrouded my psyche. So instead of a longer, more detailed write-up I've opted to get right to the point with this incredible Cashmere Cat track. "With Me," the first track I ever heard from the Norwegian wunderkind, is an all-time epic. It showcases the breathtaking beauty so often found at the heart of his tracks, as well as the inspired play with both the tremendous tension and potent percussion. The finale is perhaps one of the most powerful, edifying and uplifting releases I've ever encountered. It is ridiculously resonant no matter whether on ear buds or a proper system, and it is with the latter that I recall saying "there's nowhere I'd rather be than in the arms of Cashmere Cat's music," as it poured out of the speakers at The Hoxton. Enjoy below and be sure to check out Wedding Bells and Mirror Maru.FOLLOW CASHMERE CAT: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER