Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Greg Wilson @ Glitterbox, Hï Ibiza (15.09.17)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love disco. Not just because it's where DJing started, nor merely as a result of it's light and fun nature, but also that it's efficient and reliable (a line I'm borrowing from Kyle Kinane, who last night claimed German Techno is not good music but rather reliable).

A disco groove is an easy one to fall into with its four on the floor backbone. It's always there and while each second may not be utter excitement, it's truly epic long-form dance music, the kind you can rely on whenever you need a pick me up. It can serve as a subtle background beat or a groove guaranteed to get you moving.

Now, I try not to focus too much on disco because there's just so much of it that I could tie up all my time sharing it, but as I'm busy preparing a new season of Bump In The Hump in between attending comedy shows for JFL42, I've decided to showcase a mix I just came across: the legendary Greg Wilson's live set at Glitterbox. It kicks off with a killer Chic sampler in Chewy Rubs "Future Freak," before getting deep with strings and things from First Choice with "Doctor Love." We might have to start calling Greg Wilson, Doctor Disco because the medicinal vibes continue with Dr Packer's rework of Oliver Cheatham tune "Friday's Enemy." The blessed beats continue to churn with Cordycep's "7 PM" and Babert's "Boogie Oogie." The fun filled hour then finds its finishing line with the majesty of Marshall Hain's "Dancing In The City." You too can dance (where ever you want), as the full mix is available for download, absolutely free here, and be sure to check out more of Mr. Wilson's work below.FOLLOW GREG WILSON: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER