Monday, September 18, 2017

Andrea Martin Sings "Magnet" Live

At the beginning of July, Toddla T dropped a masterful piece of production and vivacious vocal work. Of course I'm talking about his collab with Andrea Martin, "Magnet." From his album Foreign Light, it became an easy stand out for me, not just because of the righteous rave line, but because of the way it works with Andrea Martin's emotionally charged vocals. However, I've now realized that I can enjoy the track just as much when it's almost exclusively Andrea. How you ask? Press play and find out.
I cannot help but be starstruck by her incredible delivery. Everything about it screams perfection even though there is no such thing as perfection. She's clearly channeling something and it's absolutely striking to take in. I'm reminded of her track with Switch "I Still Love You," which if I remember correctly was touted as having been recorded in one take, in Switch's kitchen at that. That same raw emotion and feeling comes here in "Magnet," once again proving that baring it all, especially vocally, can result in absolute magic. Stream the original mix below and bask in the brilliance of Andrea Martin.
FOLLOW TODDDA T: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW ANDREA MARTIN: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER