Sunday, September 11, 2016

Markus Schulz - I Hear You Calling (Nick Fav Remix)

Markus Schulz's track "I Hear You Calling" has received over 150 remixes in the past month, including one from Italian producer Nick Fav. The vast majority of these mixes appear in Schulz's wavo.me remix competition, which is now in the judging stage, however this particular version is absent from that monstrous list which, for some reason, includes Loud Luxury and Shoffy's "Villains." Although I've highlighted a number of remix competitions on this blog in the past, I've grown weary of putting much stock in the actual winners, almost always finding that the most original and creative tracks get overlooked. In fact I've never found myself voting for any eventual winners, and since Nick Fav's mix isn't in the competition you can chalk up another of my favourite mixes not winning the competition. It's hard to nail down just what Nick Fav was up to with this mix, other than absolutely killing it. He does honour the original by keeping much of the movement and progression intact, as well as CAYO's vocals, but the big booming groove and bounce he adds to Schulz's production gives it a fresh feel. It's progressive and powerful, and above all original and creative. There's still time to check out the 150+ other remixes before a winner is chosen, and you can have Nick Fav's remix for yourself free, here.

FOLLOW NICK FAV: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW MARKUS SCHULZ: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER