Tuesday, August 02, 2016

MYNGA & Hechmann - I'm Done (feat. Grant Genske)

Munich based duo MYNGA ironically chose to team up with Hechmann and Grant Genske for their latest track, a break up song, "I'm Done," bringing their brand of Bavarian bass to a breathtakingly beautiful plateau of bereavement. Stream and download "I'm Done" via One Of Us Records, here. Deep sorrow-ridden chords drag the beginning of the track down through the mud, much like the perpetrator forcing our protagonist to throw in the towel. The brilliance of MYNGA and Hechmann's production is their ability to weave the track together with Grant Genske's breakthrough vocals. Like the relationship in this song, the track is a roller-coaster of emotions, from the deepest despair to the empowering realization of liberation; proving that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Self-affirming and invigorating the uplifting chords are that much more powerful after having been so low. My favourite part of "I'm Done" comes in the brilliant use of the soaring vocals that flutter alongside Grant Genske as he swears to move on. It's as though the world is singing in some ethereal chorus, backing his decision to move on. My only complaint is the minimal runtime. I can't count how many times I've had to go back and hit play once more. I know for sure that it will take me a long time to be done with this brilliance.

FOLLOW GRANT GENSKE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW HECHMANN: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW MYNGA: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER